Sunday, December 30, 2012

Where has Susan gone??? Oh yes, and Pantone 2013 Color of the Year!!!

Well as you can tell, when I'm a busy working woman, in addition to those other areas of my life...mom, wife, girlfriend... my posts go out the window. Not complaining, being busy in my field is a good thing (thank you Martha).  Not that I don't have anything to write about either.  In fact, topics pop into my mind numerous times a day, in addition to the little birdie sitting on my shoulder saying, "When you get home, sit down, and make it short and sweet." Yes, well a lot of good that birdie did for me.  Thank goodness it's flown south for the winter.

The number one issue I HAVE to talk about is the new 2013 Pantone color of the year -- #17-5641 Emerald.  I love it!  But I'm biased since green, and all of its variations, has always been my favorite color.


Let's look at some of my favorite Emerald Green room designs, shall we?

 Infamous Stark Carpet advertisement

 Photograph by Michael Eastman

Interior design by Tobi Fairley

 Interior design by Jamie Drake

 Soft mint green in this front room, but notice the stunning emerald green square, not the whole wall, behind the shelving in the distant room.  Interior design by Jamie Drake

Image from The Decorista

 Interior design by Kelly Wearstler

I use a lot of chartreuse (more of a yellow green) in my interiors, but not a lot of Emerald Green.  That's my goal for 2013!

On to Oz!  Susan

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: