Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Mirrored Wall Alternative


I love this wall of framed, antiqued mirrors by famed interior designer Kelly Wearstler for the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica, California.  It reminds me of two things: Initially it reminded me of the old mirrored walls, usually of 12"x12"mirrored tiles, found in dining rooms, typically one wall, in the 1960's, 70's, and 80's.  But after more contemplation, I realized this approach is an updated version creating so much more depth, interest, and repetition -- which brings me to my second point.  It also reminds me of a patterned wallpaper.  The positioning of all the mirrors fills the walls so completely and exactly that the overall effect is the illusion of wallpaper vs. a wall grouping.  Brilliant!

Can you think of a space in your home where this would be a good option?

Toodles!!  Susan


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

designer prom accessories said...

Females have used outfits as the primary design, throughout historical past. While the outfit design has modified, one factor has continued to be and that is that the outfit is still a significant manifestation of ladies. For example; think about the before you went to the bathroom and saw the image indicating which is men, and which is women.

prom dresses prom